Menu

Lost in Translation!

Me (to DH): This afternoon I would like for you and I to go out and look at dishwashers.

DH: Why don't you look on Craigslist, you can get them new for $100 bucks.

(How does, "I want to go out . . . " translate to "a great place to look online is . . .")

Previously, in our household:

Me: I'd like for you and I to go see a movie together.

DH: I don't need to go see a movie; why don't you call (your girl friend).

Anyone else struggling through the Mars/Venus scenario? Oi!

:confused::glare:

Perhaps try preceding with, "I want to spend some time alone with you." ??

:iagree:

The husband in question may simply be in "problem solving" mode and doesn't realize these are attempts to spend time with each other?

Either that or he is frugal and balks at spending $$. You can find a good dishwasher used on Craigslist. With the ticket prices of movies (and popcorn & soda) today, he may have a good point. :D

:iagree:

The husband in question may simply be in "problem solving" mode and doesn't realize these are attempts to spend time with each other?

Either that or he is frugal and balks at spending $$. You can find a good dishwasher used on Craigslist. With the ticket prices of movies (and popcorn & soda) today, he may have a good point. :D

You are right on both counts! DING DING DING, you get the prize! :D

Later that day . . .

DH finally agreed to go look at dishwashers with me. However, on the way to the car, and at the car, his attitude about every little thing was horrendous. So I (surprising myself even) told him to forget it, I was not going out with him with that attitude! We wound up coming back inside and both cleaning up the kitchen dining/area for a bit, in silence. THEN, he mentioned he thought the dishwasher might be fixable, due to some research he'd done online. (It's been fixable for over a year and this is the first time he's thought to act on this???)

WELL, then he decided to take the dishwasher out of where it's ensconced to see if he can actually fix it. Taking it out was such a struggle for him, that he actually BROKE the dishwasher beyond repair! Looks like I'll be getting my new dishwasher after all!

If he'd have just listened to me in the first place . . .