Menu

How does this look for next year?

heidip2p

I have gone back and forth on so many things but this is where my plan is for now. We will have grades K, 2, 4, 6, and 8.

Math-MUS for the younger kids and TT for the older 2

Language Arts-Growing with Grammar, Winning with Writing, All About Spelling and lots of reading with a few literature study guides for the older two. Also Getty-Dubay handwriting

Reading/Phonics- working our way through All About Reading, CLE Learning to Read

Science-Apologia Zoo 2 and Astronomy and Physical for our 8th grader.

History- SOTW 1 and MOH together

Geography- Road Trip USA

Bible-Buble Study Guide for All Ages

Various read alouds

I also want to make sure we check out lots of books that stem from our history and science topics. This way they can go deeper on topics of interest.

-----Extras----

Getting Started with Spanish

English from the Roots Up

Typing Tutor

Music and Artist studies by COAH

Do you think this looks like enough? I am truly learning that less is more in our life right now but I also don't want to miss anything.

It looks like plenty to me. It might even be too much, but I'm a 'less is more' kinda gal. I noticed that you are using CLE for your youngers. Have you considered using CLE language arts for the older ones? It would be more streamlined and much easier to implement than juggling GWG, WWW, and AAS. It might cost less too. Anyhow, it is just a thought.

Susan in TX

Edited by Susan in TX

Are you planning on doing the activity books with SOTW or the activities with MOH? If you are, I second the opinion that it might be too much.

I haven't done Road Trip USA, but we have/are doing Expedition Earth. She has so many great things included in it, if you are going to do it to its fullest, plus do SOTW & MOH, I don't think you can do it all. In fact, I was trying to do SOTW & MOH with Exp. Earth, so.......

If you really want to do Road Trip (which I think would be great), you might want to do a light American History along with it, otherwise do Road Trip and just do the reading of SOTW & MOH. That's how we ended up. Which was okay, because we will be getting more in depth with Ancients, later.

It depends what your dc are really interested in. Mine absolutely love geography, and especially learning about other countries & cultures, so we chose to focus more on it.

Good luck!:001_smile:

Are you planning on doing the activity books with SOTW or the activities with MOH? If you are, I second the opinion that it might be too much.

I haven't done Road Trip USA, but we have/are doing Expedition Earth. She has so many great things included in it, if you are going to do it to its fullest, plus do SOTW & MOH, I don't think you can do it all. In fact, I was trying to do SOTW & MOH with Exp. Earth, so.......

If you really want to do Road Trip (which I think would be great), you might want to do a light American History along with it, otherwise do Road Trip and just do the reading of SOTW & MOH. That's how we ended up. Which was okay, because we will be getting more in depth with Ancients, later.

It depends what your dc are really interested in. Mine absolutely love geography, and especially learning about other countries & cultures, so we chose to focus more on it.

Good luck!:001_smile:

Thanks, Tammi. I am always afraid of not having enough planned. We have always used some sort of "boxed" curriculum and had everything pieced together for me. I am very excited and nervous to be the one doing the piecing. lol

Totally makes sense about the American history for next year. Any recs on what we should use? I will be totally honest in that history and sciecne have been neglected by us in the past. I am trying to change that for us now.

It looks like plenty to me. It might even be too much, but I'm a 'less is more' kinda gal. I noticed that you are using CLE for your youngers. Have you considered using CLE language arts for the older ones? It would be more streamlined and much easier to implement than juggling GWG, WWW, and AAS. It might cost less too. Anyhow, it is just a thought.

Susan in TX

Thanks, Susan. We tried CLE LA this year and it didn't work for us. It is a wonderful program though.