Menu

Difference between new editions of FLL 1/2 and old?

amyrjoy

This probably was discussed awhile back, but I ditched FLL this year and am rethinking using it for my DS in second grade. I have the older edition with 1 & 2 in the same book. I don't care about having a "workbook" for him, per se, since we used a regular blank notebook with my DD when we used it and it was fine. I just didn't know if there were that many changes. I didn't do all the repetition, and we skipped around some.

I have the old version, also. I looked at the new version and from what I remember the new books didn't have a lot of changes -- there was nicer pictures and the print fonts/spacing were a little easier to read. I don't think it's probably worth the money if you have the old version already.

When they came out with the new books it didn't sound like there were any major changes. There's still no workbook for levels 1 or 2 AFAIK. Other than splitting the two books and some formatting changes, I think they reduced some of the copy work exercises to cut down on the redundancy with WWE.