Menu

Spelling Power questions

Forget-Me-Not

I am going to try this program with my rising 4th grader. AAS was not a good fit for us. I'm debating about whether I should go ahead and implement it now for the last 3 months of school, or if I should just wait until next fall. We have a subscription to Spelling City so I'd probably just have him do that for the rest of the year if I don't start Spelling Power now.

You can easily start spelling power at any time. There are a couple of tests at the beginning to decide placement. Also, you don't need the log books if you don't want them. You can print up the forms from the provided disk. Good luck, hope this helps a bit.

I've used Spelling Power for a number of years. My kids are all good spellers, so the program has been a success in that regard. It is simple for me to use (though the author tries to make it sound incredibly complicated).

If I had to choose all over again, I might look for something different. There's probably something better. But, Spelling Power did the job.

No problem starting mid-year.

You can easily start spelling power at any time. There are a couple of tests at the beginning to decide placement. Also, you don't need the log books if you don't want them. You can print up the forms from the provided disk. Good luck, hope this helps a bit.

:iagree: I use Spelling Power and am very happy with it. We have great results with the program. You can progress through it as quickly or as slowly as you like to fit your children's needs. It is easy to use once you figure out the system.