Menu

Texas conference in May?

I might be. :001_smile:

It is a huge conference, with lots of vendors. But the vendors and speakers are mostly geared toward conservative, evangelical and fundamentalist Christians (and I am not one). So I only go for the shopping, if there are enough big vendors that I want to shop at.

Edited by Asenik

I might be. :001_smile:

It is a huge conference, with lots of vendors. But the vendors and speakers are mostly geared toward conservative, evangelical and fundamentalist Christians (and I am not one). So I only go for the shopping, if there are enough big vendors that I want to shop at.

I remember thinking that about last year's line up. Have you looked at the speakers this year? I found several I was interested in.

It does look better than last year, and Rainbow Resource is coming! Last year, they did not invite RR, and RR set themselves up in another hotel for the same weekend. And I went there instead. :)

I will probably not decide until that week, though, because my youngest is on a dance competition in Fort Worth the same weekend. And I won't know for sure which day she dances until the week before.

But I live in Arlington, so it is not far at all for me. :D. If anyone is going and wants to set up lunch or get together for coffee, let me know.

Edited by Asenik

Are you planning to go?

Yes, I am planning to attend. I ordered the half priced pre-registration tickets this weekend. I've not lived in an area that has a major conference in over 10 years so I'm really excited.

But, I'm also feeling a little "too late". My oldest will be in 11th and my youngest in 8th next year. I would have loved a major conference a few years ago when planning for middle and high school.

Also, I'm not sure about going to hear any of the speakers, maybe Andrew Pudewa. I'm considering MFW for my youngest so maybe that speaker would be interesting. But honestly, most of the speakers aren't that appealing to my age/stage.

Still, I'm not going to pass up an opportunity to attend a big conference that is close by. It should be fun just browsing the venders and "soaking up the homeschooling".

Did anyone happen to look at the dress code for volunteers?