Menu

s/o organization thanks for the suggestion

The suggestion to clean out drawers/cabinets/closet space first has been an eye-opening benefit for me. Dh and dd are both out of town right now and I decided to use the time to tackle some much needed organization projects. I'm starting with my office at our small business which is where I work and homeschool. It has been a mess for way too long and I know it's impacting both myself and dd's productivity. I felt like I was drowning in paper.

So....man these desk drawers and file cabinets were a huge mess. It was so obvious that for years I've been just throwing stuff in there to hide it. I've already filled two banker's boxes with stuff to shred and two trash bags. Cleary, if the dates on papers you are pulling out are 2007 and 2008 in a folder called "Bills to Pay" your life needs an organizational makeover.:001_huh:

Because I'm cleaning the drawers before tackling my top of the desk mess I actually have places to put things after I sort. This should have been obvious but I've never done it this way before. I found very little in any of these "hidden" spaces that was necessary. Some of it has been in there for years. Right now I have stuff everywhere because I'm in the middle but I already feel better.

Thanks for listening to my little confession.

Great. Just don't forget to keep anything that is related to taxes for seven years.

Thanks for the reminder. I sorted anything that was less than seven years old in to a file box for storage. There was a lot older than seven years and not even remotely tax related. Apparently I have taken a really long break from purging these drawers.