Menu

Cincinnati convention-when will they post the schedule?

Not sure, BUT, I remember seeing when they posted SE's list of topics. I just checked, and the date on that is Feb. 15, and their convention date is Mar. 22-24. So it was about 5 weeks before the convention date. The date on their schedule is Feb. 20, so appx. 4 weeks before their convention.

So if that's the timeframe, we still have a couple of weeks before we see a list & schedule for ours.

On Facebook they said the Cincinnati and Memphis schedules would be ready this Sunday or Monday (March 18 or 19). We had the same problem last year - the schedule posted less than a month before the convention.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=334842763228540&id=1077156973#!/pages/Great-Homeschool-Conventions/133893509962887

OK, so I am looking at the schedule and the workshop descriptions and seeing some that I want to go to. They just have a long list of workshops for an hour period. Are they hour long talks, so I have to pick 1 to go to in that time frame?

OK, so I am looking at the schedule and the workshop descriptions and seeing some that I want to go to. They just have a long list of workshops for an hour period. Are they hour long talks, so I have to pick 1 to go to in that time frame?

The titles are on the schedule, and the descriptions are a separate document.

They are listed by time, so everything that is from say... 2-3 pm will be listed with its room location and room capacity (that's the number next to the room name). Many times there will be nothing you want to see in one time slot, and several in another...it's just the way it goes. ;)

Yes, they are all scheduled for an hour.

Some workshops are just product explanations, so I wouldn't worry about those unless you need to see exactly how to implement something or want to know more about it.

Most of the lectures will be recorded and be available for sale somewhere upstairs. I am pretty sure that if you aren't going to be there you can pay and give them a list and they will mail lectures you want to you. Ask them.

However, some lectures are not recorded, like MCT as he has such visually involved presentations, so you should check the list in your packet when you get there to see if ones you might like to see are NOT on the list. That can help you decide on what to see. ;)

Wow, so weird that I know all this info.

I usually order a few lectures as I would prefer to listen to some things on my own time, than all jammed up in the convention. This year i have no choice as I'm helping at a booth and missing most of Saturday.