Menu

So How many men are on this board anyways?

Please vote your gender and homeschooling status:  

1. 1. Please vote your gender and homeschooling status:

• I am a male.
    • I am female.
    • I am the primary homeschooler of my children.
    • Another member of my household homeschools my children.

It is easy for me to assume that homeschooler = mom, but I know there are at least a few men on this board. I have been wondering what the male/female ratio is here. One of "us" (female-type persons) wondered what has drawn "you" (male-type persons) to the WTM boards. Here is a chance to share a bit about yourselves :001_smile:

Hi. I'm Chris and I'm male. Uh...;)

My wife is on point with the day-to-day of homeschooling the boys, but she detailed me to do curriculum research. I found my way here through Drew's LCC website & forum, discovered tons of experience and knowledge on tap, and decided to soak for a spell.

As I work a day job, that gives me some time to do the research about specific things we want to do, and this is now my stop of choice.

We've already discussed the "workload" and, as the boys get older, a few subjects will become my responsibility.

So I do all the support and logistics, help with planning and scheduling, and provide the $ for the whole enterprise. My wife manages everything else, with phone calls to me for support.

Given how radically different this is from my day job, it's a very pleasant change of pace.:)

Hello!

I'm not sure how I became the primary homeschooler. I think it started when she became a Suzuki kid playing the violin and I was elected to become the Suzuki parent. I'm slightly more musical then my wife. Then we started doing a math co-op on Wednesdays and well that's my wife's golf day so I started doing that. I like to read more then my wife so language arts are a natural fit. It's been a great ride so far.

I've always been a fan of SWB and that's what drew me to this forum. It was nice to find other folks that share some commonality. Lots of different personalities and ideas have kept me here.

I'm curious of any of the other Dad's encounter any unique problems homeschooling.

Regards,

Mike