Menu

Any reviews of CLE Science (specifically for 6th and 2nd grade)?

Tenaj

I have part of their 5th grade program because I wanted to look at it, and will probably use it down the road for my younger one. It's OK because I need something pretty much student-led, but we'll be coming from BJUP science, which is my favorite IMHO. It's got a nice mix of reading, independent work, and decent experiments. I actually like it better than A Beka, which could also be done independently. Their expectations are more reasonable (A Beka gets a little nit-picky IMHO).

The 2nd grade program is in "Sunrise" edition, which is their redone version. The older grades are basically Alpha Omega science redone to reflect Christian Light's beliefs and priorities. Sunrise editions are divided into lessons, the older ones are not.

CLE is a 2 day a week schedule with 5 light units. My dd loves science and wants to do it daily so we do CLE Tues/Thurs and Swimming Creatures Mon/Wed doing lapbooking for it on Fridays.

Last year I hadn't realized this and she plowed through CLE so we spent 1/2 year on that and 1/2 year on Flying Creatures. Either way.

CLE is nice, cute, just enough and my dd loves workbooks. I don't actually think it is necessary til later, but she loves it.