Menu

quoting a Muslim, but not a practicing one. His choice of words maybe not what they should be? :001_huh:

The story of Mary in traditional Islamic sources is different than the Christian one. In the Qur'an, Mary is stated as being from the family of Imran (Aal Imraan), the daughter of Imran and Hannah. When they become pregnant with Mary, they dedicate their unborn child to the service of God, so once she is of age she is sent to the temple and is under the guardianship of Zakariyya. There is no Joseph in the Qur'anic version (only the Joseph with the colorful coat in Christian tradition, which is another story entirely). Her family is thought of as supportive of her, just the wider community was questioning. Imran, Hannah and Zakariyya are all respected figures in Islamic history, they are common names given to Muslim children.

Yes, I was coming to post the same thing. He sent out letter saying this (with the interview attached).

I enjoyed this quote from the interview...

Our culture has accepted two huge lies: The first is that if you disagree with someone's lifestyle, you must fear them or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don't have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.

...although I think it is a world-wide phenomenon, not something specific to our US culture or Christian culture.

I enjoyed this quote from the interview...

Our culture has accepted two huge lies: The first is that if you disagree with someone's lifestyle, you must fear them or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don't have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.

...although I think it is a world-wide phenomenon, not something specific to our US culture or Christian culture.

:iagree: