Menu

I just received an email from the school wanting to know . . .

If they were doing it to address a problem with students surfing youtube all day on their ipads etc., it might make sense. This would be a tricky thing for them to deal with. Not sure how they could on student's own device without invading their privacy. I'm pretty sure my kid would refuse to take his computer to school under those circumstances (Actually, I'm certain he knows more about keeping people out of his business than they do. ;)).

If it is an iPad with 3G access it is hard. If it is an iPad using the schools WiFi it is very, very easy. Companies (schools) can block access to any website they choose without needing any access into the device. It's when the device bypasses the company (school) WiFi by using it's own cellular connection that it becomes hard.

This just leaves me flabbergasted. What makes them think elementary students will keep track of this stuff? and not break it? or lose it?

I sure hope that the school has insurance, because it would be awful for a parent to have to pay if something like that were lost or damaged.

I feel so bad for you!

:iagree: The school bullies will have a lot more scope for imagination than lunch money . . .