Menu

Funny asynchrony in dd

jillian

Wow! It's amazing how detailed each category of skills is, especially in language arts. Way to go for going ahead even though the reading is a problem. That would be tough.

My gifted daughter, who turns 8 this week, can tell fantastically complex stories, but can't spell to save her life. She knows it, and since she wants to be a writer, she's working on it.

Aren't kids fascinating!

Those Basher books are awesome, aren't they?

My DD was identifying platonic solids as a preschooler, before she could reliably add (and at the time, she had a good chance of counting their sides twice and getting two different numbers). There's just something about a 3 yr old picking up a shape and calling it a "dodecahedron" or an "icosahedron" that's both cute and a little scary :).

lol we've been in and out of hospitals a lot lately and doctors offices with dd and the first time we came into the hospital we had just learned about how some kinds of bacteria and viruses make you sick. The nurse comes in and asks what's going on and dd pipes up "I either have a bacteria or a virus that makes me feel bad". It was super cute.

ETA: she's 4 (newly 4, b-day in December)