Menu

I thought you had to have at least 50 posts in order post on the For Sale Board...

I shopping on the for sale board and saw a poster who had 11 posts. I have grown to really appreciate that every poster who posts will have at least 50 posts, so that the person will know who the poster is and we can learn that they are not here just to sell. In fact, I don't even really look on other boards now because I truly appreciate that fact.

It is posted very clearly on the top of the page that 50 posts are necessary in order to post on the for sale board. I automatically thought that the boards would block the poster if they didn't have 50 posts. If the board did not block them I guess that I would hope that the the person would not post because that is what the "rules" are. I guess that I am just a rule follower.

Am I being ridiculous? Go ahead and tell me. Should I say something?

I cut and paste the heading at the top of the For Sale Boards: (Paragraph below)

For Sale If you're looking to SELL something, post your items here. NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE 50 POSTS IN ORDER TO LIST ITEMS FOR SALE. NO DEALER POSTS.

I guess that if you haven't seen it, then others may not be also. This particular poster has posted this for sale within the last week. I know it has been in affect because I saw it when I first joined these boards a few months ago.

Oh, I KNOW there is that rule! It was there when I joined up too! I was asking about when this person posted their for sale ad.

I am surprised that the set-up would allow anyone with less than 50 posts to make a for sale post too, then, since you say this post is in the last week! I'd try to tell admin somehow.

I have to agree that is strange if it was recently. I tried to post about a week and a half ago and it would not let me because I don't yet have the 50 posts. I read a lot more then I comment, but I do that normally, I'm known for being really quiet. It must have gone into effect after February because I was able to sell a Latin program then just fine.

Yeah, that's strange. I wonder if there was a glitch. Niffercoo (a real-life friend of mine and frequent poster on the old boards) was trying to post some FS items *yesterday*, it it would not allow her until after she had made her 51st post. She tried after the 50th, and was told she didn't have the ability to post. After her 51st, it let her... And that was less than 24 hours ago.

Are you sure it wasn't an older post that was bumped up like this one?

You are exactly right! I guess that this was one of the ones that has flown in under the radar, but not purposefully. I thought that it was strange, but now I guess that it isn't.

I typically look at how many posts a person has when I look at something a person has to sell. I truly appreciate this system!

You are exactly right! I guess that this was one of the ones that has flown in under the radar, but not purposefully. I thought that it was strange, but now I guess that it isn't.

I typically look at how many posts a person has when I look at something a person has to sell. I truly appreciate this system!

It was before the rule was in place.

I have to agree that is strange if it was recently. I tried to post about a week and a half ago and it would not let me because I don't yet have the 50 posts. I read a lot more then I comment, but I do that normally, I'm known for being really quiet. It must have gone into effect after February because I was able to sell a Latin program then just fine.

This is me too. I have been here (and on the previous board) for years, but am not a frequent poster. Now I'm trying to get my 50 posts. :)