Menu

My 8 year old things Teaching Textbooks is a fun math game!

Tree House Academy

I ordered Pre-algebra for my 12 year old and ds8 liked the looks so much that he begged for his own. I ordered 3rd grade because there were a few things in it that Singapore 2A/2B had not covered (line segments and fractions). We got the program yesterday and he has completed 10 lessons thus far. He thinks it is a game and begs me to let him keep "playing." :) We are still going to finish up Singapore this year...and I haven't decided whether or not to use TT as the main curriculum for him or as a supplement. I have heard bad reviews and good reviews. At this point, though, TT is making my kid who hates math...LOVE math. That means more to me than any rigor could!

I'm adding in TT5 for my son and he thinks the same thing! We'll still complete Math Mammoth but I thought he needed more spiral and this might be just what he needs! We'll see how long he can keep up with TT5 (which is what I had from a used curriculum sale so I thought I would try it).

I'm adding in TT5 for my son and he thinks the same thing! We'll still complete Math Mammoth but I thought he needed more spiral and this might be just what he needs! We'll see how long he can keep up with TT5 (which is what I had from a used curriculum sale so I thought I would try it).

He will probably do well. My ds8 is in the middle of Singapore 2B and it is lining up pretty well with TT3. He placed in TT4, but I thought he needed more practice in multiplication before moving on. At a pace of 10 lessons a day (LOL), we will be in TT4 before we can blink. :D