Menu

If you use Trisms, I have questions....

i really like most of what I see in Trisms and think it may be the best fit for us.

Trisms is so remarkably different from anything I've used or looked at. I have spent hours going over everything on their website (several times) in order to envision what implementation in our homeschool might look like. Phew. Still can't quite get my brain around it.

If you use Trisms... What spine(s?) do you use? Also their "resource packages" are very sparse. Could you state which subjects you add/replace. (Ie: If you add a lab science, which curriculum? Do you use their timeline? Would you begin a timeline with HM or wait until starting DAW? Re: world view, do you read portions of the Bible chronologically interspersed? Do you use a curric for that at all? Church history? What % of resources are 1) Internet 2) encyclopedias 3) books you provide - either at home or from library 4) other? Iow, what is your standard approach per topic researched.

Our background: Christian (not reformed, Protestant). I tend to get "paralysis of analysis" when there's too much "going on"; fewer subjects, far deeper is how I operate best. Ds is a naturally independent student - if anything, I wish for a good read aloud spine so we can overview together. He and I *need* points of connection in this pursuit - open to ideas to facilitate this! We have a writing program (CC), Latin (Henle), Eng grammar (R&S), algebra (VT and Foerster's), spelling (SWR), general sci (Apologia). Other things to add?

Thanks so much!! I'm beginning to feel some relief to think we might have found a curric to work for us! :tongue_smilie:

I haven't used Trisms myself, but there is a yahoo group for trism users. I joined it awhile back when I was considering the program (it looked great, but we went a more "text-book" route that fit my boys better). Anyways, they have a great file section with a variety of samples that parents used to supplement the program. That might be useful for you to check out.

Myra

i really like most of what I see in Trisms and think it may be the best fit for us.

Trisms is so remarkably different from anything I've used or looked at. I have spent hours going over everything on their website (several times) in order to envision what implementation in our homeschool might look like. Phew. Still can't quite get my brain around it.

If you use Trisms... What spine(s?) do you use? Also their "resource packages" are very sparse. Could you state which subjects you add/replace. (Ie: If you add a lab science, which curriculum? Do you use their timeline? Would you begin a timeline with HM or wait until starting DAW? Re: world view, do you read portions of the Bible chronologically interspersed? Do you use a curric for that at all? Church history? What % of resources are 1) Internet 2) encyclopedias 3) books you provide - either at home or from library 4) other? Iow, what is your standard approach per topic researched.

Our background: Christian (not reformed, Protestant). I tend to get "paralysis of analysis" when there's too much "going on"; fewer subjects, far deeper is how I operate best. Ds is a naturally independent student - if anything, I wish for a good read aloud spine so we can overview together. He and I *need* points of connection in this pursuit - open to ideas to facilitate this! We have a writing program (CC), Latin (Henle), Eng grammar (R&S), algebra (VT and Foerster's), spelling (SWR), general sci (Apologia). Other things to add?

Thanks so much!! I'm beginning to feel some relief to think we might have found a curric to work for us! :tongue_smilie:

I am a long-time TRISMS user. I will link you to a couple of my old posts that should answer most, if not all, of your questions. Feel free to post most questions or PM me if you need more.

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=32348#poststop

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=37083#poststop