Menu

History Question

tuzor

We just finished SOTW Ancients and will be doing MFW Adventures next. I felt dd needed some US History or be familiar with US things. I will not be doing the 4 yr cycle for the grammar stage but will do it for 5th -12th. I just felt there was so much covered in World History she did not need right now but so much missing that she did. Geography and US History to be precise. So for now our plan is US next then possibly a World History overview (with HOD Preparing) or World Geography (with MFW ECC) and another year of US History before the 4 yr cycle begins in 5th. This way she will have a better grasp of the world and their cultures as well as History of her own country.

We did SOTW 1 and 2, and now we're doing a year of American History using Mara Pratt's American History Stories as a spine. The reason I wanted to do this was that I firmly believe that Modern History is ideal for us in 5th, not 4th grade. Doing Am History in third gives us the rest of the world to do in 4th, while reviewing Am History a bit, and do Modern in 5th.

My son loved SOTW so much that he read all 4 volumes already (just finished up SOTW4 for the 2nd time a week or so ago). We've done SOTW1 and now 2 for "school", and I'm taking the next 2 years (3rd and 4th grade) to do US History. We'll go back to Ancients in 5th.

Don't worry, the WTM police won't come after you for going off-cycle. ;)

We just finished SOTW Ancients and will be doing MFW Adventures next. I felt dd needed some US History or be familiar with US things. I will not be doing the 4 yr cycle for the grammar stage but will do it for 5th -12th. I just felt there was so much covered in World History she did not need right now but so much missing that she did. Geography and US History to be precise. So for now our plan is US next then possibly a World History overview (with HOD Preparing) or World Geography (with MFW ECC) and another year of US History before the 4 yr cycle begins in 5th. This way she will have a better grasp of the world and their cultures as well as History of her own country.

This is a great idea thanks. What do you do for history from 1-5th prior to your STOW adventure. I am looking at elemental history Adventures in American History.

We did SOTW 1 and 2, and now we're doing a year of American History using Mara Pratt's American History Stories as a spine. The reason I wanted to do this was that I firmly believe that Modern History is ideal for us in 5th, not 4th grade. Doing Am History in third gives us the rest of the world to do in 4th, while reviewing Am History a bit, and do Modern in 5th.

I will look into Mara Pratt's American History. Thanks

We did medieval last year, and this year, we're doing American history. At some point, whether it's this spring or not until the summer when our new school year starts, we'll go back to SOTW, ancients, and after that, we'll see.

I was just thinking today that it would be so nice to have a SOTW-style US history book.

We did medieval last year, and this year, we're doing American history. At some point, whether it's this spring or not until the summer when our new school year starts, we'll go back to SOTW, ancients, and after that, we'll see.

I was just thinking today that it would be so nice to have a SOTW-style US history book.

So medieval from STOW or another publisher?