Menu

What would be a nice cabin/lake vacation?

I have this idea of renting a nice cabin at a lake somewhere (vrbo.com), but I have no idea where to start looking. We would be traveling from San Diego, so we'd want to go somewhere we could get to reasonably easy via plane (a direct flight) or even car.

Any ideas?

This would be a hike, so I'm not sure if you'd want to go this far, BUT... Last summer, we stayed at the best house just outside of Acadia National Park in Maine. It's called The Big House. Very private, right on the ocean, very close to park entrances and Bar Harbor, Maine. I'd go there again in a heartbeat. www.acadiarentals.com is the site we used, and Tom (the owner) corresponds with you directly. He was such a huge help. It was our 3rd trip to Acadia and the best due to this house.

This would be a hike, so I'm not sure if you'd want to go this far, BUT... Last summer, we stayed at the best house just outside of Acadia National Park in Maine. It's called The Big House. Very private, right on the ocean, very close to park entrances and Bar Harbor, Maine. I'd go there again in a heartbeat. www.acadiarentals.com is the site we used, and Tom (the owner) corresponds with you directly. He was such a huge help. It was our 3rd trip to Acadia and the best due to this house.
probably too far this time but I'd love to look for future - the link isn't working for me.

I'd love a spot That is something out Of a book IYKWIM. Warm enough to swim, trees and nature for exploring, great cabin or house, access to quaint town for a bit of dining out/shopping.

Essentially I want the kind of spot that Jeanne birdsall might write about in a penderwick book :)