Menu

Book Depository coupon again

• 1 month later...
They're back with their refer-a-friend 10% off coupon:

http://www.bookdepository.com/referafriend

Do they really have free shipping world wide?

I have never ordered from them before. Is there any catches to the "Free shipping world wide" asking this Canadian.

Do you find the selection good? I find I sometimes have to order from "amazon.com" or "amazon.ca" when I would prefer to order from "chapters.ca" since my aunt is always giving me gift certificates to chapters.

I'm in NC and shipping was free on my Galore Park books. They shipped them separately which I believe is fairly standard. I received one in about 10 days. I waited 3 weeks for the other. When it didn't show, I contacted them and they were extremely helpful. Sent another book right out. I did receive that one. Excellent customer service.

I have never ordered from them before. Is there any catches to the "Free shipping world wide" asking this Canadian.

Do you find the selection good? I find I sometimes have to order from "amazon.com" or "amazon.ca" when I would prefer to order from "chapters.ca" since my aunt is always giving me gift certificates to chapters.

Julie, yes, shipping is free to pretty much anywhere, at least it is to Grenada and we really do love that. However, since they've been bought out by amazon, I think, there has to be catch. Their books are a few dollars more than amazon, but still worth ordering from bookdepository, for us anyway.

The selection is pretty good, we can get most books that we want, not all, but most.

I love bookdepository. We'd be seriously lost without it. Amazon's shipping rates are shameful. :glare:

There may be certain countries that they do not ship to anymore. They used to ship to my friend in China. She was devastated when that stopped. I felt even more bad for her since she's the one who told me about bookdepository.

If you are buying individual books, or a few books it definitely works out cheaper to use Book Depository, rather than Amazon's overseas shipping rates, even if the books are a bit more expensive. I would be lost without them here in Australia. When I first compared I found Book Depository about 30% cheaper than books in stores here. I actually went into a second hand book store a while ago, found a book I wanted, and used my iPhone to check Book Depository - it was cheaper to get the book new from Book Depository. Delivery to Australia is about a week, and in terms of buying pleasure, getting those books in individual envelopes popped in my post box over a few days beats one big parcel from Amazon hands down!

Yes. They don't ship everywhere. Aside from Benin, I don't see anywhere in Africa. Also no to China.

http://www.bookdepository.com/help/topic/HelpId/27/Countries-we-ship-to-with-free-delivery#helpContent

We currently ship to the following countries free of charge:

A - Andorra, Antigua And Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Austria

B - Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Brunei Darrusalam, Bulgaria

C - Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Comoros, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic

D - Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic

E - Estonia

F - Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Finland, France

G - Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadaloupe, Guam, Guatemala

H - Hong Kong, Hungary

I - Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy

J - Jamaica, Japan, Jordan

L - Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg

M - Macedonia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Martinique, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro

N - Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Norway

O - Oman

P - Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico

R - Reunion, Romania

S - Saint Helena, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre And Miquelon, Saint Vincent And The Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland

T - Taiwan, Thailand, Trinidad And Tobago, Turks And Caicos Islands

U - Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, US Virgin Islands

V - Vanuatu, Vatican City, Vietnam

We're sorry if your country isn't on the list, we review the list of countries we ship to regularly with a view to expanding these where possible.

in terms of buying pleasure, getting those books in individual envelopes popped in my post box over a few days beats one big parcel from Amazon hands down!

Yes. And it works out really well here, where, although books are supposed to be duty-free, oftentimes if one gets a fairly large shipment from amazon or wherever, one will likely be charged duty. But with book depository, since the packages are small and individually wrapped, they sort of miss the system entirely :D.

We got a bunch of books yesterday and I thought of this thread. :party:

Yes. They don't ship everywhere. Aside from Benin, I don't see anywhere in Africa. Also no to China.

And Iran and Afghanistan, I think.

And North Korea may as well not even exist these days. Poor North Koreans :(. After reading and loving Nothing to Envy, I keep thinking of them.

Thank you for this list. It's very interesting. I love lists like that. I like going through them and daydreaming about visiting one country under each alphabetical letter. I've always been into things like that. Lists and daydreaming. :D