Menu

Reading Level and Reading Eggs

Dd took the placement test last week and was put in map 8. She did not miss any questions in the placement test and completed map 8 getting everything correct. Why does it say her reading level is 5.75 yrs? Is this accurate? Anyone else notice this? Dd noticed this and was upset. I comforted her and told her not to worry about it, that she was reading the Ramona books and just finished all the SL grade 3 readers. Told her they were well above 1st grade reading...she felt a little better but I could see it still bothered her.

She is probably beyond Reading Eggs. Have her go to the Eggspress section. It's for kids that read. My son placed at 5th grade level in Eggspress, but still placed in map 8 for Reading Eggs. Lol.

You can manually change their levels. In the section where you look at their progress individually, there is a section on the right to adjust their level. I bumped DS up to lesson 119 in Reading Eggs and bumped him down to 2.1 in Eggspress (5th grade comprehension questions were a bit too hard).