Menu

Here's what I told my husband I want for Valentine's Day.

For him to donate a flock of chicks or a honeybee hive through Heifer International:

There's simply no better way to show your love this Valentine's Day than with a unique and meaningful gift from Heifer. Ask your sweetheart to "bee mine" this year with the gift of honeybees, or consider chicks instead of chocolates for a loved one. With these and other fun animals, Heifer gifts are a loving way to capture the caring spirit of Valentine's Day.

Think Outside the Heart Shaped Box this Year by

Giving a Life Changing Gift through Heifer!

http://www.heifer.org/alt-gift/valentines/?msource=POVDB120001&utm_source=Press_Release&utm_medium=Press_Release&utm_content=Valentine&utm_campaign=VDay_2012

This organization's mission statement is:

By giving families a hand-up, not just a hand-out, we empower them to turn lives of hunger and poverty into self-reliance and hope.

With gifts of livestock and training,Heifer projects help families improve their nutrition and generate income in sustainable ways. We refer to the animals as "living loans" because in exchange for their livestock and training, families agree to give one of its animal's offspring to another family in need. It's called Passing on the Gift – a cornerstone of our mission that creates an ever-expanding network of hope and peace.

He said he would do so. So I thought that was pretty cool. :) Friends of ours use this organization all the time and told us about it.

I had never even heard of them until this friend told me about them but I LOVE how the gifts are sustainable, and they give one of the animals to another family so they keep on giving, and I love how they provide training with it, I think that's awesome. I told my husband that would make a great gift. I don't really need anything personally, we're already going out for a fun night out to our favorite Japanese Hibachi restaurant with five other couples on Valentine's night. The kids are getting the chocolate since I'm on a diet (down 36 lbs as of this morning, in fact)! :001_smile: