Menu

Al-Anon

I don't have to talk if I don't want to at all? 100% no pressure to share a darn thing unless I want to?

Do I need to attend a beginners meeting if there is a regular one that's much more convenient to attend?

If it's not a spouse issue, is there any point?

Edited by MrsBasil

I don't have to talk if I don't want to at all? 100% no pressure to share a darn thing unless I want to?

Do I need to attend a beginners meeting if there is a regular one that's much more convenient to attend?

If it's not a spouse issue, is there any point?

No, you don't have to talk if you don't want to, although people who are regular attendees may notice you're new and say hi and welcome you. You can just go to the meetings and people talk who want to talk. There's no real beginners meeting, but they do usually have lots of pamphlets on a table near the door that explains more about who they are and what they do.

when I went to Al anon it was because I had an alcoholic step father nothing spousal at all. Hope that helps. :) :grouphug::grouphug:

No advice here and no real idea what is going on in your life, but I'm saying a prayer for you. :grouphug:

Thank you so much!

No, you don't have to talk if you don't want to, although people who are regular attendees may notice you're new and say hi and welcome you. You can just go to the meetings and people talk who want to talk. There's no real beginners meeting, but they do usually have lots of pamphlets on a table near the door that explains more about who they are and what they do.

when I went to Al anon it was because I had an alcoholic step father nothing spousal at all. Hope that helps. :) :grouphug::grouphug:

Very much so, thank you!

:) You're very welcome honey. It's really not that scary when you go. :)

That's seriously a relief to hear you say that. Ugh, this past weekend has been just so frustrating and exhausting.

Here's hoping I can pump enough milk to leave my 3 month old with DH and just go. There's a meeting that's very convenient to my house tomorrow.

Thanks.

You don't have to talk.

People go to Al-Anon due to all kinds of different relationships. Dh went to Al Anon because of his parents, and I went to a different Al anon meeting group because of him. You can try a few different meetings to see which one is the best fit for you.

Good to know. Thank you.

That's seriously a relief to hear you say that. Ugh, this past weekend has been just so frustrating and exhausting.

Here's hoping I can pump enough milk to leave my 3 month old with DH and just go. There's a meeting that's very convenient to my house tomorrow.

Thanks.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: You're very welcome.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

They won't ask you to share anything more than you are comfortable with. If all you want to say is your name, that should be fine. Everyone else in the room has been there and understands. I will say that different groups have different dynamics and "personalities", even in the same group, different days or times sometimes attract a different crowd so it has a different feel. If you don't click with the first group maybe try a different time/day or a different group as not all are the same. Praying you are able to find the peace you need!