Menu

FLL

JOHNNABONNA

Im debating on whether or not to start Fll with dd6 and dd10. We just started WWE 1 with youngest dd and oldest dd in WWE3. We have been really liking WWE. We do R&S as well. Would doing both of these be to redundant? Also should I just start them in the same level that they are doing in WWE? Thanks!

I've done FLL 1-4, then moved onto R&S 5 this year. First, I'd begin grammar at grade level because in elementary everything is rehashed everything. Even SWB wrote that a 5th grader not having any grammar at all could begin ALL (bummer ALL is on hold)

I think doing both FLL and R&S i.e two grammar programs in one year IS redundant, however Rod and Staff has alot of written application whereas, having done FLL myself, the application was less writing sentences and more about diagramming them instead.

We do First Language Lessons in addition to CLE Language Arts and I don't find it redundant at all.

This is what we do as well. Right now my two older girls are working through FLL 3. We'll be starting FLL 4 very soon. After that I will probably use Easy Grammar as a supplement for CLE until we get out of the 6th grade book for CLE, then I plan on trying Rod and Staff again.