Menu

What are your favorite kits for ancient history?

meggie

For example, WTM recommended the Treasure Chests. We have the Medieval and the Ancient Egyptian ones, but I think they aren't making them anymore as the China one is $50.

As many as you know of would be really appreciated. We need some fun things as we start history.

:bigear:

I just ordered these (there are some cool stuff for Medieval too that I'll get for next year....I guess this was the Year of the Mummy for us :001_smile:):

Lift the Lid on Mummies

Hieroglyphics Treasure Chest

Egyptian Mummy (my dd is going to flip when she gets this!)

I considered Archaeology Kit Egyptian Pyramid, but figured I got enough already. :001_smile:

Edited by ~AprilMay~

I'll second the Lift the Lid on Mummies.

We loved Lift the Lid on Gladiators as well. You also must look up FarrarWilliam's Roman Bath idea. The boys still talk about it.

The Archeology Kit Egyptian Pyramid was a huge hit too, because you got to smash and dig which my boys LOVED.

We also did a Dinosaur Dig kit when doing the archeology section that was really cool.

Did you try CBD for the Ancient China Treasure Chest? I think that is where we got ours a year ago (still out of print at the time) and it was around $25. The kids really liked that kit as well. I bought the Ancient Greece and Rome kits used and did not find them to be worth the cost.

Not kits exactly, but the boys enjoyed this hieroglyphic stencil, and the hieroglyph stamps, as well any of the activities we did with other writing, like cuneiform tablets, and calligraphy.

Ancient Egypt definitely has the coolest kits though I have to say (and we haven't really dug into our Medieval kits yet). I actually really miss ancients, it was so much fun!!

Edited by FairProspects

I like the project books at Winter's Promise more than the kits or pockets. :)

Great Ancient Egypt Projects or Ancient Science are only two, but there are many more with hands-on activities and reading.

I use a number of lapbook freebies to add pages to our notebooks too.

I would spend too much money on kits.