Menu

SOTW ancients: Which is the correct book?

LAmom

Which book do I buy to go along with SOTW AG? I am assuming the older one would correlate to the page numbers since the date of the AG is 2006?

http://www.amazon.com/Usborne-Encyclopedia-World-History/dp/0794526888/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327553446&sr=1-2

or

http://www.amazon.com/Usborne-Internet-Linked-Encyclopedia-World-History/dp/0794503322/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1327553639&sr=8-2

Also, which Kingfishers do I need? The AG just gives titles but not dates.

We have this Usborne and no Kingfisher, so I can't be much help. But for what it's worth, I've never even looked at the page numbers... I just think about what we've studied and find it in whatever book I happen to be holding. :-)))

If you're just starting SOTW1, you might be interested in this free guide (not by SWB, but still very well done) that correlates and schedules some of the additional readings etc, includes narration pages and other resources. I've also created a few free printable narration pages for this and a couple of other books we're using, if that's helpful.

We have the newest Usborne (the one with the picture of the night on the cover). The pages correlate just fine with the SOTW Yr. 1 Revised Edition AG (we only have YR.1 but the other years are probably just fine as well).

We have this Kingfisher encyclopedia and the pages correlate just fine as well.

For your info in case it helps, at the top of each chapter in the AG it lists pages for the following books

-Usborne Book of World History

-Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia

-Kingfisher Illustrated History of the World

-Kingfisher History Encyclopedia

HTH!