Menu

Fun supplement to Henle?

Halcyon

Have you looked at Minimus? You could get just the student book since you'd be using it as a supplement. Also, Ecce Romani would give you some lighter reading practice.

Here's a couple "]Latin Readers in PDF form that you can download, recommended by the Visual Latin people.

There's also the Bolchazy "I am Reading Latin" readers if you're not already familiar with them. Easy, but fun.

Dd occasionally picks up the first Lingua Latina book, Familia Romana, for fun. Actually, I put it on her schedule for this week, just for something a little refreshing. (I don't know what's up with the amazon pricing - I bought it new over a year ago, and I'm sure I didn't pay a lot. ETA, I see, there's a new edition) It's fun to see her use a dictionary voluntarily :)

Edited by wapiti

Dd occasionally picks up the first Lingua Latina book, Familia Romana, for fun. Actually, I put it on her schedule for this week, just for something a little refreshing. (I don't know what's up with the amazon pricing - I bought it new over a year ago, and I'm sure I didn't pay a lot. ETA, I see, there's a new edition) It's fun to see her use a dictionary voluntarily :)

Yeah, we're using Visual Latin along with FF. VL is based on Lingua Latina, and dd has made it through about the first 20 lessons of VL, so for a change of pace (and because VL was starting to get to be too heavy on top of FF), we went back and she is taking a couple of weeks to go through the first chapter of LL. I also have the Mac CD that includes all the pensa and exercitia and she really loves working on that. If it works out, I might continue to move her through LL slowly until the summer when we'll likely take a break from FF and work more in VL/LL.

More than you wanted to know, but anyway, fwiw...:tongue_smilie:

Have you looked at Minimus? You could get just the student book since you'd be using it as a supplement. Also, Ecce Romani would give you some lighter reading practice.

Here's a couple "]Latin Readers in PDF form that you can download, recommended by the Visual Latin people.

There's also the Bolchazy "I am Reading Latin" readers if you're not already familiar with them. Easy, but fun.

Thank you!!!