Menu

IEW at home

TGHEALTHYMOM

Does anyone use IEW at home? And how do you do it? What age is best to start? I have the Teacher set, level B intensive, student notebooks, and some books ( Ancient, Medieval, Character, Bible) and wonder how well the Fairy Tales and Morals is? What age is it for? Right now I am using First Language Lessons with 2 and need to start IEW with 2 (son 14, dd12).

We have been in a co-op for level A and that went well.

Does anyone use IEW at home? And how do you do it? What age is best to start? I have the Teacher set, level B intensive, student notebooks, and some books ( Ancient, Medieval, Character, Bible) and wonder how well the Fairy Tales and Morals is? What age is it for? Right now I am using First Language Lessons with 2 and need to start IEW with 2 (son 14, dd12).

We have been in a co-op for level A and that went well.

If they have done Level A then they don't need Level B. Level B is the same as A just at a higher level for older kids.

Let me get a link for you and I will edit... brb! :)

OK go here...

http://www.bluetoad.com/publication/?i=63058

Go to page 4-5 and look at the progression line. If they have done A then they need to go on to SICC-A or All Things Fun and Fascinating. and go from there. If you try to use B it is going to be *A LOT* of covering of things they have already done.

However after looking at ages :) you may want to start with something a little more advanced and meaty for olders. You could probably go for Ancients or Geography and be good. If you haven't done the TWSS.. please, please do so. You can then use whatever your student is already doing.

For instance my dd14 will finish SWI-B then go on to continue writing using Notgrass. The packets they have (Like Ancient and Geo) are prompts and paragraphs for them to use but if you are already using something you can use that instead. Does that make sense?

Hope this helps, let us know if you have more questions!

Edited by Mynyel

;)Thanks for the New information and link! I have the TWSS and have gone through it once. I need to get it out again and get started. I was using Sonlight and missed IEW so we are starting fresh again. I also thought the Level B was kind of repetitive. We may just do Medieval and Fairy Tales.

Blessings!

;)Thanks for the New information and link! I have the TWSS and have gone through it once. I need to get it out again and get started. I was using Sonlight and missed IEW so we are starting fresh again. I also thought the Level B was kind of repetitive. We may just do Medieval and Fairy Tales.

Blessings!

Definitely pull it out again. I watched the TWSS once and we are halfway through SWI C. I pulled out the TWSS again and was blown away. I learned so much. Some of it I didn't even remember hearing. I kept thinking....did I really watch this before? But I agree with the others that moving onto a theme based program after SWI A is a good idea.