Menu

cell phone plans?

We finished our Verizon contract last month, dropped our land line, and went with three Cricket phones/plans.

Me: 1000 min., unlimited text and web, $35/mo.

Dh and ds each: 300 mins., unlimited text and web, $25/mo.

The phone choices are very limited--there were two phones for these levels. I would have liked an android phone but didn't want to go to a higher plan.

There was an issue porting over our home phone number, but it turned out to be an issue with our phone company, not with Cricket. While Cricket's website says that its dealers include Best Buy and Dollar Store, Best Buy was not very helpful, and the Dollar Store employees were completely clueless, to the point where I don't think they even knew they sold the phone. We ended up doing everything from home. Both dh's and my old cell numbers were ported over, but for some reason, mine took a WEEK while dh's took half a day. :confused:

Dh talks much more than he thought, and he has already upgraded his phone to the $35/1000 min. plan.

He's called the company several times, between ordering the phones, porting (or not) phone numbers, upgrading his plan. He also had to call them to switch to autopay, which he couldn't get to work otherwise (I know no details). He's been pretty happy with their phone customer service, which is a bit of a surprise, because he has little tolerance for stuff like that.

It's been a month, and so far, it's been pretty good. No complaints with coverage, etc. We're very happy with the price, and the phones seem very durable. They've been dropped and sat on, and my phone dropped so hard that the back popped off, but they've all survived unscathed.