Menu

College Algebra -- MUS as a supplement?

I have a student attending community college who is taking college algebra next semester. She's very intimidated by math, though she did do very well with Teaching Textbooks, making it through Algebra 2 and actually remembering the material when tested for community college. The college algebra book is dense and doesn't present concepts step by step, so I'm looking for a supplement she could use, something where she could look up a concept that was intimidating and get a step-by-step explanation. I was thinking maybe Teaching Textbooks Precalculus, but it sounds like many people who liked TT all the way through high school really didn't find the precalculus program to be consistently step by step. Can anyone let me know how the precalculus program worked for them? Or has anyone used another program that worked better for non-math majors who need step-by-step explanations? Maybe MUS?

TIA!

Sandy

Dd18 is working through Lial's Intermediate Algebra this year. We went to her future college's bookstore and looked at their college algebra book, it and the Lial's book are very close. Dd has always done dvds w/her math until this year, and she is having no problem working through Lial's w/o dvds. It has helped fill in gaps and reinforce concepts that she forgot. I feel that this will prepare her for the college algebra course.