Menu

When did you get back to school after a new baby?

I'm having my 4th little one on Tuesday... My others are 3, 5, and 8. So I had my last one when my oldest was early K, and we were new to homeschooling so not too intense.

When did you get back to school after a new baby? My newest little one will be 4 weeks premature so may need a little more attention. Also it will be my 4th c-section. Tentatively, I figure definitely two weeks off, two weeks at half speed, then maybe full speed if all is well. What do you think? How long did it take you to get back to normal? I don't want to set myself up for failure but also know how hard it is to get back into the swing of things if off for too long!

I had intended to take a full six weeks off after my fourth one was born, but I found that after about two weeks, I was feeling pretty good, and my older kids needed a bit more structure. So we did light schoolwork for a couple of weeks, then added a few more subjects, then a few more, so that by 6 or 7 weeks, we were back to full schoolwork.