Menu

X-Post: Anyone used CLE math 6th grade+?

I've looking for reviews/feedback from anyone who has used CLE math for several years, especially into middle and high school. I've searched the board a few times, but can't find any!

Thanks!

Jen

mom to ds (13, CP and Asperger's), dd (13), ds (11), and dd (7)

I'm not sure, but probably TT Alg 1. Although, I think that much of that will be review. I'm using it for oldest. Haven't decided yet, I guess!! I might even start TT at same time as 8 (or near end just to get the review part out of the way)- not sure - this is my more Math-y one...

Possibility of skipping 8 and going right to TT, but I do love CLE and it's so solid...plus, i think 8 has a lot of consumer and real life math that would be good for this one also!

My daughter has used CLE Math through grade 7. Next year she's starting Chalkdust Algebra for 8th. CLE 7 has plenty of pre-algebra/algebra concepts. CLE 8 is a review of those with personal finance covered as well so we are skipping that for her. We love CLE math and feel she is very well prepared to start Algebra through Calculus with Chalkdust... HTH.

Personally I think the consumer math and personal finance sections of CLE Math 800 to be a HUGE plus. It is shocking to see how many adults cannot balance their own checkbooks or create and stick to a budget or do their own taxes. I plan to give my children these skills before they are off on their own.

We've used CLE 400-600. If we stay on schedule, we'll finish up 700 by the end of September so I'm doing my research to decide what to do for 8th grade in the fall. Here are my choices thus far:

CLE 800

Teaching Textbook Algebra 1 (Pre-Algebra is all review)

liveonlinemath Pre-Algebra (online video)

Derek Owens Pre-Algebra (online video)

Even though CLE has worked well, I'm contemplating switching her to an online class for 8th grade. I'm thinking it will help cement her math foundation to be taught by a "real" math teacher, instead of her non-math mother, before she heads into high school math.

Personally I think the consumer math and personal finance sections of CLE Math 800 to be a HUGE plus. It is shocking to see how many adults cannot balance their own checkbooks or create and stick to a budget or do their own taxes. I plan to give my children these skills before they are off on their own.

This sounds like a plus for CLE 800. :) I need to check out the scope and sequence to see exactly what is covered in 800.