Menu

IPad & PHP downloads - what am I doing wrong?

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong :glare:

I purchased a whole bunch of the Jim Weiss audio downloads as well as a few of the lectures from SWB but I can't figure out how to get them on my Ipad??

I followed their download directions and it still isn't working? I was able to download them onto my PC and listen to them there but the whole point was to have them on my Ipad.....

If anyone else has done this successfully - please let me know.

TIA

You need to get them downloaded into iTunes in order to get them onto your iPad. I know my PC automatically opens them with Windows Media Player - I have to click on the download link and select "save target as" to direct it to iTunes.

I did that? And it showed up with all of the other music but then as soon as I pulled the plug and finished syncing - they disappeared? And I have it all synced so anytime anything is downloaded, it automatically goes onto the Iphone, Ipod and Ipad....it works perfectly for any apps or songs - but not these files?

I don't deserve to have the Ipad - I am so not technical :001_unsure:

Did you actually import them into itunes or just play them via itunes?

Make sure that you go under file, then add files or folders and then find the files and actually import them into itunes. This will make itunes convert the files to a file that your ipad can open and read. Also when you sync your ipad, under the Music heading, do you have it set to "add all to device" or do you have it set to "add selected songs to ipad" if you have it under selected songs, you need to make sure you then select the audio files there also.

What format did they download as? MP3?

Did you actually import them into itunes or just play them via itunes?

Make sure that you go under file, then add files or folders and then find the files and actually import them into itunes. This will make itunes convert the files to a file that your ipad can open and read. Also when you sync your ipad, under the Music heading, do you have it set to "add all to device" or do you have it set to "add selected songs to ipad" if you have it under selected songs, you need to make sure you then select the audio files there also.

What format did they download as? MP3?

Ok thanks - I will double check this but I'm pretty sure it is all sync'd up so that anytime that we buy anything at all from the Itunes store - it is automatically dumped onto our devices.......explains why I have so many apps that my DS10 has on his Ipod.

And yes, they are all MP3 files.

Off to try your suggestion.

What about just downloading them directly from the IPad??

The automatic sync only works for items purchased from the itunes store. If you purchased the files directly from PHP and import them, they won't sync automatically, you will have to do a regular manual sync.

You could try opening the links on the browser on the ipad and see if they would download that way, but I don't think that will work. You need to import them into itunes, and then sync them with your ipad.

I suggest importing them, and then making them into a playlist. Then just plug in your ipad, select sync, go under Music (all audio goes under music) and then making sure the playlist you made is checked and then sync. That should do it for you.

Without getting too techie ... there are some itty bitty issues that occur with music, movies, audio books, etc.

To get over this, use windows media player to burn a disc.

Load the disc files to your computer.

Now, take the disc files and move to iTunes. You removed the itty bitty bits that cause the problem.

If this doesn't work, give me a shout. :) We can review your process and file structure and get a little bit more techie.

The automatic sync only works for items purchased from the itunes store. If you purchased the files directly from PHP and import them, they won't sync automatically, you will have to do a regular manual sync.

You could try opening the links on the browser on the ipad and see if they would download that way, but I don't think that will work. You need to import them into itunes, and then sync them with your ipad.

I suggest importing them, and then making them into a playlist. Then just plug in your ipad, select sync, go under Music (all audio goes under music) and then making sure the playlist you made is checked and then sync. That should do it for you.

Wooohooo!:hurray: It worked! It worked!

I am not worthy, I am not worthy.......

ETA: BIG THANK YOU!

Now, the SWB files worked when I imported them into the new playlist but the Jim Weiss files still won't work. I tried to add them into Itunes and it won't let me?? They are MP3 files as well so it doesn't make any sense?

Hmmm strange, well the suggestion of burning them to a disc and then ripping the disc into itunes should def. fix the problem, a bit more work, but that should work also.

Sorry read what you said again and realized I got it wrong. Those files are also MP3? I looked at PHP's website and it says their files are tested with itunes, and ipad and ipod. When you use the import option do they not show up to import, or do you import and it does nothing?