Menu

Anyone Tried Add-A-Century Timeline???

taffnus

I'm in search of a timeline. We don't have wall space for a wall timeline. The Add-A-Century Timeline looks great but it is really pricey. I particularly like the fact that I can take out the pages and unfold them to "look" like a wall timeline. I don't know if that feature worth the price though. I've thought of making my own to unfold like that but I don't know that I want to spend the time on that right now.

Anyone with experience with this timeline? Or any recommendations for another?

I haven't tried them yet either but I REALLY want to. :lol: I was just over here looking to see if anyone had used the Wonders of Old timeline from Knowledge Quest, because they have some on their scratch-and-dent sale for cheap. I guess I could get the KQ ones and see what I think, since they are inexpensive, and get the AAC ones if I don't love them. The AAC look like the ultimate timeline to me - exactly what I would love to use. You're right, though, they are pricey and I hate to spend over $200 for 2 of them only to find that we won't use them. Argh!

I've been thinking about timelines for awhile now. My girls won't be starting SOTW for a little while yet but I have been thinking it over because of the reasons you stated. I'll either want to build one (which will take some time and thought) or purchase one (which will take moola which I will need to squirrel away for awhile).

That being said, I find myself leaning more towards making my own. I posted awhile back about the timeline my friend made and discussed it on a thread here. Maybe this will help give you some ideas...

I've been thinking about timelines for awhile now. My girls won't be starting SOTW for a little while yet but I have been thinking it over because of the reasons you stated. I'll either want to build one (which will take some time and thought) or purchase one (which will take moola which I will need to squirrel away for awhile).

That being said, I find myself leaning more towards making my own. I posted awhile back about the timeline my friend made and discussed it on a thread here. Maybe this will help give you some ideas...

I love this! I thought of trying to do it myself with tape and cardstock. It's nice to see it done and know that it can look so nice. Thank you for sharing!!

I can't see how she actually has them tied. Can you explain to me how the sides are "bound." I can figure out the right side that just keeps it closed but the left side has me stumped. I don't see any holes in the pages.