Menu

Leappad vs. Innotab?

There are a few YouTube videos comparing the two that might be helpful. :)

If it were me, I would go with the Kindle Fire or an IPad instead. I think you would get quite a bit more use out of those. My neighbor bought the leapfrog one for Christmas for her 7 year old and the child is bored with it.

If we were going to lift the screen time ban, my DH said the same thing. Problem is, I don't want to give up my iPad time. :lol:

We upgraded daughter from the Leapster Explorer to the LeapPad in August. Love, love, love it! My daughter is 4 going on 5 in March. I love that all the games are educational and don't have to worry about what she is viewing. They claim the system is for ages 4-8, but if my daughter were 6 I would really hesitate to get it b/c it may not be advanced enough for her. Last year a friend purchased the Leapster 2 for her 6 year old daughter and she never played with it. So this year they bought her a DSI. Our neighbor's son is 6 going on 7 and he asked for the LeapPad for Christmas after playing with my daughter's. However, it wasn't the game that interested as much as the camera/video capabilities.