Menu

Snow Skiing near Washingon DC hs specials?

My family is planning a trip to Washington DC. We are hoping to be in dc for three days and then travel to a ski resort for a couple of days of skiing.

We are hoping to find home school day specials or family rates. Is anyone familiar with a resort in that area that offers these types of specials?

Shan are you coming? Actually there is a homeschooling day coming somewhat soon north of DC at the Ski resort near Gettysburg

Which is less than an hour north from DC. Send me a private message with yr emial and I will go hunt up the email our homeschool group sent around a few months ago. If you are here when it is going on it is an amazing deal!

looks like this is the best option

Our family plans to go to Massunutten to enjoy some skiing, tubing and a little time in the water park. After a few days at this resort, we will drive to Washington DC for our first family visit.

We found a nice ski and surf package for our stay at Massanutten. Now we need to plan our 2 1/2 days in DC.

We just did this last year. When we went to Massanutten it was the last week of ski season and there were substantial discounts. You might also be able to find some coupons that they offer James Madison University students if you google. The coupons do not specify that they are for the students only.

We also went to Monticello (easy drive from Massanutten) and Luray Caverns when we were there.

looks like this is the best option

Our family plans to go to Massunutten to enjoy some skiing, tubing and a little time in the water park. After a few days at this resort, we will drive to Washington DC for our first family visit.

We found a nice ski and surf package for our stay at Massanutten. Now we need to plan our 2 1/2 days in DC.

enjoy. when we were there we also did a couple of craft things that were part of the package. It was fun. We did candles, fleece hats, and baskets.

The candle guys were hysterical.

I was just in DC in Oct. I made a post about the things we did.