Menu

Looking for a particular type of Ap

I am looking for an itouch/iphone Ap for academic scheduling. My 11 year old son got an itouch for Christmas and wants to use it as a planner. He already has a paper planner and uses it. Well, I make him use it, but he uses it so it counts. :lol:

So, he is not particularly computer savvy and isn't prone to figuring out all the little doodads. Is there a planner he can use for keeping track of assignments and outside classes (ballet, rehearsals etc) easily?

He hasn't even figured out there is an alarm clock on there. As far as he knows it is a game player only. I am hoping this introduces him to some of the uses of technology.

What about just using the calendar feature? You can sync it with google calendar so you could enter in assignments (and you can make them repeat if there are things that are always the same) and he could see what he needs to do.

That would be a simple choice.

DS (10) got an iPod Touch for Christmas, too, and he downloaded the "My Homework" app. We saw it on the display model at the Apple store when we were looking at them there and he promised he would use it if he got a Touch, LOL!! I haven't had a chance to really delve into it yet though, so I cannot give it a thumbs-up or -down yet.