Menu

ClassiQuest Science

I've enjoy the Biology text. Does anyone know if they will be publishing their other books?

Astronomy/Geoscience, Chemistry, and Physics were listed as in the works and their website seems to indicate that all 3 volumes would be finished by early 2012. Publishing delay or abandoned project?

http://www.classiquestscience.com/

Thanks!

Guest inoubliable

I had an email conversation with Angela (the author) late last month. She said then that she was attempting to wrap things up with the Geo/Astronomy book and would be sending out the proof then. She seemed to think it would be available at the end of the year. I hope it is! My fifth grader is loving the Bio book.

I saw on another site that a high school level Bio book (as a Classiquest series) was to be available by the end of this year. It's not mentioned on http://www.classiquestscience.com, though. Has anyone else seen this? I can't remember which website I saw it on.

I know the (logic stage) Bio is out. I've been following it since it was released (to see what the reviews are like). But, the rhetoric stage one (that inoubliable linked) says, "early 2011" which would have been Jan/Feb/March of THIS year, not 2012 (coming up soon).

I looked in to ClassiQuest and thought it looked interesting, but as I have mentioned other times here on TWTM, I tend to shy away from home-produced materials because so many of them end up abandoned or too far behind schedule to be useful.

Tara

I've enjoyed logic state biology and I will say it is a stand alone unit. If none of the others ever make it to print this product could still be used.

But you are right-while I realize that folks have lives I do wish some of the various curricula would get finished.

I guess that is a problem with homeschool publishing in general. Too many writers are also busy teaching. My kids would be my first priority too, so I understand. I hope for the future that more folks with a writing bent will produce curricula once their students have "graduated".

I received this email from Angela last week "....I anticipate having Astronomy and Geoscience published within a few weeks. Since I've already outlined Chemistry and Physics, I expect them to go rather quickly, but am reluctant to offer a firm publication date...."

Thanks-I'll keep checking their website!