Menu

Could this be a UTI?

I'm having some lower abdominal achiness. I know it's not ovulation or period or anything like that because it feels different. I thought it may be gas/constipation....but I've gone to the bathroom and it's not that either. I may have a slightly higher urge to urinate, but it's not terrible. I don't feel like I have to go all the time or anything....and when I do end up going, I actually pee a good amount. No fever, no burning. And it's not painful....more like an ache.

I'm 8 weeks postpartum and they think I had a UTI at 2 weeks. I was on antibiotics then (Macrobid). I was on antibitoics again at 4 weeks postpartum because of an ear infection (amoxicillan). I'm tired of antibiotics LOL. I only want to be on them if I definitely have one.

Do you think I should go to the doctor and get a test?

I would go get a test. If you don't and it is a UTI, you could end up with a miserable holiday! I am 8 weeks pg, I had one at t weeks and again this weekend. I am trying to rest and drink lots of water this week. I am avoiding all sugary drinks and foods if I can. I want it to me completely gone for the weekend! I hope you get some relief.