Menu

Need help planning LfC Primer A

Hi all,

I purchased LfC primer A this year at convention. I am looking through it trying to determine a schedule that will work for my 10 yo ds. Does anyone have a schedule that has worked or some ideas for me? We purchased the DVD's, activity book and reader in addition to the student text.

TIA

Well, we just do the next thing, so we don't really schedule. I move on if I think my kids have really learned the lesson. We watch the DVD then do some of the workbook. The next day we review via flashcards that I make with a sharpie and index cards and then we do the activity book. The day after we go back to the dvd and more workbook. We spend anywhere from 10 to 25 minutes on a lesson. (it depends on the day). We work through it until I think they've got it down cold. Sometimes this means we don't quite finish the workbook/activity book and sometimes it means that I'll reinforce whatever seems a little shakey or needing review by writing it out on our whiteboard or having them use it for Latin copywork once a week.

Are you looking for a daily schedule? I use a schedule that I found on somebody else's planning page. Here it is:

M: Intro, maxim, vocab, grammar pardigm, intro to english derivatives, watch DVD & complete 1st workpage.

T: Recite Paradigm & vocab., read grammar page hi-lighting key sentences, work through memory worksheet in primer p.______,& activity p. _________,

W: Chant paradigm and vocab., worksheet in primer p.______, activity p._______, extra sheet_______

TH: Review Paradigm & vocab., worksheet p._____, activity p. _________, extra sheet quiz________

F: Test___________________ Game_______________________

You start the History reader after week 18.

HTH,

Dorothy