Menu

Help me to the next Hive Level.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, one more. How long have you been coming here? I've been coming since ds19 was in the 4th grade. That's when I started classical education. I don't remember my board name at that time, but I didn't have four kids then so know it was different.

ETA: so I've been coming here for 10 years? That's not right. I guess I started when ds was in 2nd grade because I believe I've been here for 12 years.

Edited by Denisemomof4

how do you know which # poster you are? How do you check that out?

Click on the community link in the blue bar at the top of this page, from the drop down menu choose members list. When you get to that page click on posts in the blue bar across the top. This will list the members in order of the number of post that they have. You should see Jean at the of the with one whole lot of post and Mrs. Mungo in second place. You are on the second page in 33rd place with 7693 posts.

what are you doing for New Year's Eve?

Drinking. Things are so stressful here right now. My hubby has finals and projects due in his Master program. The two teens in college have finals and papers due in five honors classes. The high schooler has honors projects due in three classes plus finals in all classes next week and finally the middle schooler has tests as well. Plus all of the usual holiday stresses.

oh, one more. How long have you been coming here? I've been coming since ds19 was in the 4th grade. That's when I started classical education. I don't remember my board name at that time, but I didn't have four kids then so know it was different.

ETA: so I've been coming here for 10 years? That's not right. I guess I started when ds was in 2nd grade because I believe I've been here for 12 years.

Since 2003, so about 9 years. I have always had the same user name.

Okay, serious question.

We want more children, particularly another girl (for some crazy reason). We also want to help families and children in the meantime. However, I hate CPS and all the documentation and the rules and the additional agency hoops. And I have a seven passenger vehicle. And my littles have NEVER known a time without CPS so having them still come to the house though not for them bothers me.

Knowing the above, would you just love the ones you have and go on or would you continue to foster for awhile (whatever that may be)?

Given my disposition, I would just love the ones I have. I could not deal with CPS at all much less on a continuing basis, not so I think I would be qualified given my mental illness. I did go through baby fever right around 40 and it lasted for about a year but then I got over it and moved on. Looking back on it now, I am glad that I didn't have the additional child given the stress of hte past five years.