Menu

Oil prices...

I'm taking somewhat of a risk posting this in that I hope it's not seen as too political. However, the price of oil seems to be an American problem not Rep. or Dem. So I'm posting this link, well it's actually a petition to help lower the price of oil:

http://www.americansolutions.com/actioncenter/petitions/?Guid=54ec6e43-75a8-445b-aa7b-346a1e096659

Please don't let this start a debate. If you agree with the website, you can sign the petition. If not, you can just graciously bow out.

Blessings,

Amy

I'm taking somewhat of a risk posting this in that I hope it's not seen as too political. However, the price of oil seems to be an American problem not Rep. or Dem. So I'm posting this link, well it's actually a petition to help lower the price of oil:

http://www.americansolutions.com/actioncenter/petitions/?Guid=54ec6e43-75a8-445b-aa7b-346a1e096659

Please don't let this start a debate. If you agree with the website, you can sign the petition. If not, you can just graciously bow out.

Blessings,

Amy

Did you see that South Dakota has passed an initiative that will allow them to start building a new refinery?

DH is considering getting an economic car to drive for those "quick" trips and to drive to work. We both own gas guzzlers (his is a Chevy truck)... My suburban was close to empty the last time I filled up. It has a 40 gallon tank. I filled it up with 38 1/2 gallons of gas. It cost me $140 to fill up the burb! 1 fill up... a $140 bucks! I thought for sure someone crawled under my car and poked a hole in the tank to get some gas. :) This is getting crazy...

We are also getting locking caps on the gas tanks.

Thanks for passing on the link. :) I signed. I sure hope it helps. :)

Guest Virginia Dawn

Interesting, dh was making some of the same points last night. He said China has started drilling for oil in the Gulf of Mexico (international waters) and our government does not allow us to do the same. He said he wouldn't be surprised if they practiced slant drilling and actually took oil that was under US property. His contention is that the government has tied the hands of the people who would have any potential to relieve this mess.

DH is considering getting an economic car to drive for those "quick" trips and to drive to work.

This is what we hope to do too. I usually only take 1 or 2 kids with me to the Dr or my son's theraphies, so it makes no sense to drive my 15 passanger van. I am praying we can buy something in Januaury.

Did you see that South Dakota has passed an initiative that will allow them to start building a new refinery?

I think that is great. With the technology available today there won't be so very much damage to the environment.

Something has to be done between now and the time we are independent of oil.