Menu

Books/Videos on China culture/religion for our move

Aludlam

Please recommend books/videos about Chinese culture and religion. I have Discovery Atlas China, DK Ancient China, DK China coming in the mail and a kid's book of world religion. We are Christians. I would like some great picture books (who doesn't love a good picture book) for the kids - and some easy reads for me. We haven't really studied any major world religions other than our own. We were planning on spending this next year on culture and religions --- we just didn't know how DEEP we were going to be studying China! I know once we are there we will experience it, but we are trying to ease culture shock as much as possible, and there is a lack of English language books over there. We are tentatively looking at Feb. 2012.

Anyway, if you loved it, please tell me about it.

thanks so much!

We really enjoyed watching the Wild China series on Netflix streaming--beautiful!!!

(Disclaimer: as with anything, you may find a few things that do not align perfectly with your family's beliefs, etc. that you may want to discuss with your children.)

We are moving to China during the summer of 2012. The book Living in China by Moon Publishing has been really helpful. We also watched and enjoyed a documentary series called Chinese School.

Where will you guys be moving in China? My 9 year old daughter is excited but also a little anxious about the move. We don't where we will be yet, only that we will spend the first month in Beijing.

Laura, I love your list! I can't wait to get a few of those titles!

We really enjoyed watching the Wild China series on Netflix streaming--beautiful!!!

(Disclaimer: as with anything, you may find a few things that do not align perfectly with your family's beliefs, etc. that you may want to discuss with your children.)

I agree - this is a really beautiful series.