Menu

s/o Antidepressants - Lack of Community

. For a homeschooling mom like me, who is introverted and initiation/phone phobic (see thread "People Who Never Call", this makes developing friendships very, very difficult, and loneliness/depression very real.

I do what I can to be involved in church and with neighbors (who we rarely see), but I know that I was never lonely when I worked in an office part time - even though I never saw those people outside work.

And this is a real, and often overlooked, disadvantage of homeschooling.

I work pretty hard at keeping relationships going. I'm pretty much the one who initiates everything with everyone, however.

I just keep forging ahead sending out non-stop invites to things and eventually they work out.

To the OP: if they aren't available until January, did you go ahead and schedule a day in January? Because I've found that if you wait to call in Jan, they'll be booked until March. Get it on the calendar.

To the OP: if they aren't available until January, did you go ahead and schedule a day in January? Because I've found that if you wait to call in Jan, they'll be booked until March. Get it on the calendar.

Good idea. I will go do that right now.

As far as my kids playing with neighborhood kids, will that go better once the sun stops setting so early? I never lived in a neighborhood with kids before. Unfortunately, the three families with kids we've met all having both parents working, so even when the kids aren't in school, they are still gone all day.