Menu

? for HOD users on Notebooking

kandty

I am planning on switching to HOD next school year. It looks like HOD is big on notebooking. I love the idea of notebooking, but have never been able to pull it off since my boys are not big into writing (the physical writing is the problem). Anyone have any thoughts of this? Will this be a problem if we don't do the notebooking? Does anyone have any ideas on how to start notebooking with reluctant writers?

It depends which year. The notebooking includes a lot of different types of things. In CTC we've done basic copywork, writing a narration, drawing a continuous timeline, picking out a favorite blurb from a reading and drawing corresponding pictures, reading a map, and some artistic projects to include the Drawing book.

A pretty big portion of HOD is writing, whether it be in any one of these forms. Perhaps they'll like it more when it is done in different ways such as these? I think to not do it would really make the program lack. Now you could tweak it, have them orally narrate or narrate via video then have them just draw the picture where it should be then move on to more writing as you see fit.