Menu

A question for a friend, she would really appreciate your input!

My friend is in her senior year of high school, but she has no clue what she wants to major in. Well she does, but can't seem to decide which one would suit her the best. My friend is debating on going to a CC to get her ADN in nursing (like me!!:)) and stay a nurse. But then she wants to do something like history or english and study abroad and then get a job as a researcher or editor. So she is having a bit of a dilema and would love to know which major will benefit her in the long run. She would like to have a family one day while still having a career and I have no clue what will help her do both.

My friend does not want to teach, she loves to learn but doesn't like to teach many things, and she works better in a group and most of the time independently. She is kind of like me, that's why we are best friends, and we do so many things together, we would one day like to travel to Europe, but I digress lol! She is good with math and science, but prefers history and english, she is in ap english and history.

She wants a career that will be flexible to fit her lifestyle, especially when she starts a family, so any suggestions will be appreciated!!:bigear:

It's possible your friend would be better served in going to a four year school where she could major in both nursing and English. I'm sure there is a demand for editors of nursing (and possibly other medical topics) journals. This wouldn't be an easy course as I believe most four year nursing programs are pretty tough and having a second major would add to her work load.

It's possible your friend would be better served in going to a four year school where she could major in both nursing and English. I'm sure there is a demand for editors of nursing (and possibly other medical topics) journals. This wouldn't be an easy course as I believe most four year nursing programs are pretty tough and having a second major would add to her work load.

That is a very interesting career, I didn't know they had anything like that, I will have to ask her and see what she says. Thank you!

I agree. A four-year school will also have opportunities for study abroad, as well as many options if she changes her mind about either field. She can even take 5 years if necessary to get both degrees--that's very common for a double major, especially when one of the programs (or both) is intense.