Menu

Roots of English?

Has anybody used MP's Roots of English? I am playing around with what to do next year with ds10. He is using GSWL this year, and I am trying to decide whether to do Visual Latin or First Form with him next year. For vocabulary, I want to do something that is not too time-consuming. I used Engish from the Roots Up with my oldest years ago, but I don't know where the cards are now. We just used the flashcards, so probably didn't get the most out of it, but he learned a lot quite painlessly. We enjoyed using vocabulary.com, but the site has been very slow for us lately (we are overseas), and it has become too frustrating waiting for the pages to change--just a waste of time. I had ordered Vocabulary Vine, but it is so much more involved than I want. My olders used Vocabulary from Classical Roots for a year or so, but I don't think they actually retained much from it.

Thank you, Nansk. I will look over these. I would love to hear from someone who has used or seen the book (besides the online sample pages) I mentioned above. It looks like an easy-to-use workbook that gives a lot for the effort, but it always helps to hear from someone who has used the actual product.