Menu

Most exciting gift this year?

Does anyone have at least one super fantastic gift they are truly excited to give their DH or child(ren)?

I usually work off lists the kids give to me so I don't count those as super fantastic gifts because they are somewhat expected.

But this year, I'm going to surprise the socks off my dd13. A lovely member of this board has knitted a shawl and beret for my dd. My dd loves handmade gifts and has been teaching herself to crochet and has been making small projects. I know she's going to just LOVE this surprise!! I had my aunt knit a 4th Doctor Who scarf for dd, but she got it as soon as it was finished because she knew about it and helped plan it. Still, when it arrived, she was speechless and nearly cried because it was so awesome. She has no idea I've got something else coming for Christmas. Woo!!

I wish I could come up with super gifts for the rest of my family, but I've had no inspiration yet.

If we can find it in our price range, we're planning to buy a good 88-key, weighted-key, keyboard for dd's bedroom. There are times that it would just be easier if she could be alone to practice. She has no clue. Hoping we can make this happen!

We would also love to surprise all three with a trampoline. Probably won't happen but we're still looking!

Does anyone have at least one super fantastic gift they are truly excited to give their DH or child(ren)?

I usually work off lists the kids give to me so I don't count those as super fantastic gifts because they are somewhat expected.

But this year, I'm going to surprise the socks off my dd13. A lovely member of this board has knitted a shawl and beret for my dd. My dd loves handmade gifts and has been teaching herself to crochet and has been making small projects. I know she's going to just LOVE this surprise!! I had my aunt knit a 4th Doctor Who scarf for dd, but she got it as soon as it was finished because she knew about it and helped plan it. Still, when it arrived, she was speechless and nearly cried because it was so awesome. She has no idea I've got something else coming for Christmas. Woo!!

I wish I could come up with super gifts for the rest of my family, but I've had no inspiration yet.

It's not for my husband or children but I'm really excited about giving my SIL her gift. She's single and tends to spoil my kids and me every year for Christmas and birthdays. This year we are splurging a buying her a kindle. We usually don't spend much on our siblings but I really wanted to get her something special that she would enjoy this year.