Menu

Sonlight: Timeline Pieces Question

kolamum

We're moving from WP to Sonlight by March of next year. With WP we've had timeline pieces provided due to using the HSITW Time Traveler packs. We've really loved that and plan to keep utalizing the beautiful timeline notebooks we started with WP.

I noticed that SL has their own timeline pieces created specifically for them by HSITW. So here's my question:

If I all ready own the HSITW timeline pieces for US history will I really need the SL exclusive pieces as well? I'm happy to buy them if I'll need them, but if I don't and can easily get by with the other I'd rather use what I have.

Thanks in advance for helping me with this! :D

We're moving from WP to Sonlight by March of next year. With WP we've had timeline pieces provided due to using the HSITW Time Traveler packs. We've really loved that and plan to keep utalizing the beautiful timeline notebooks we started with WP.

I noticed that SL has their own timeline pieces created specifically for them by HSITW. So here's my question:

If I all ready own the HSITW timeline pieces for US history will I really need the SL exclusive pieces as well? I'm happy to buy them if I'll need them, but if I don't and can easily get by with the other I'd rather use what I have.

Thanks in advance for helping me with this! :D

I think that you don't need to buy SL timeline pieces if you have the HSITW History Through the Ages CD of printable pieces.

With the cores we've used so far, all of the SL timeline pieces listed in the instructor's guides are on the HSITW HTTA CD.

Depending on what core you use, it may be possible that the pieces you have from the Time Travelers CDs don't include every assigned piece from the SL set. But I think it would be pretty easy to google for images of any "missing" people or events and print them out.

HTH!

I stopped buying the SL specific ones early on and got the CD from HSITW. I haven't had a problem matching them up. I occasionally have been unable to locate one SL mentions, but at this point I'm probably going to say I may have just missed it and it indeed was on the CD somewhere.