Menu

Repeated weight loss

Has anyone lost weight more than once and reached a point where you believe you're finally going to keep that weight off?

I lost 22 lbs. in 2008 and gained it back in a year.

I lost 21 lbs. in 2010 and gained it back in a year.

I'm on TRY #3, and need to lose a total of 38 lbs.

Losing the weight isn't the problem. Weight Watchers and exercise do work. But both times before, I stopped weighing myself and eventually lost sight of true portion sizes. I've made a promise to myself that this time will be different. My weight has me in some very bad risk health categories. I've got to lose this weight and keep it off! Can it be done, or am I doomed for this yo-yo'ing, which I know is not healthy either? Ugh... and the holidays are here. I'll be okay though, as long as I can stay home and keep my kitchen free of too many treats.

Every time I've lost weight, I've had another child. I gain a lot of weight with each pregnancy. I need to lose weight badly now, but it will kick my baby fever into high gear (I'd love to have one right now but my weight mitigates that feeling a lot). If I lost the weight, I'd want another baby and I'm not ready to have a serious discussion about that with Dh. Either he will say yes with a lot of resistance or he'll say no. And then my marriage will have a rough road for awhile. I'm not in a hurry to push the issue. I don't know if I could keep the weight off at this point. I've gotten used to being heavy.