Menu

VP Scholars self-paced tech question

dkholland

VP users...

my ds is using the online self-paced course. we frequently get to a slide and the program freezes up. Sometimes, we can log out and get back on and it works, but today we are at a stand still. nothing we do seems to work. Have any of you experienced this?? I am getting frustrated, but am not sure whether it is our computers, or a server issue with VP.

Thanks!

Although we had some problems last year with MARR (which wasn't actually completed when we started and had some bugs), we've had next to no problems with the other courses. When what you're describing happened to us, it was because we were trying to run it on our old computer. The online courses are very graphics intensive. We have no problems now with our newer computer.

Try rebooting and having the computer be fresh before you start the lesson. Maybe that will help. It will at least empty the RAM and give your computer more to work with.

Thanks for the suggestions. We use two different computers with two different browsers and still it freezes up some. I called and they were extremely helpful and will check on the problem from their end.

The man I spoke to said that many users find that Google Chrome works well with their classes, so we are going to use that browser and see if there is a difference. We are doing MARR this year, so maybe the bugs have not all been worked out. Although, could be both our old computers too.

Still loving the program though and I am amazed at all my son learns. History is his favorite part of the day:)

It's not MARR. We did that course last year, and after they worked out a couple problems, it was fine. It's your computer. Like I said, I literally had to buy a new computer to be able to do it. My computer was 10 years old, and while it seemed fine, it just couldn't run all the graphics. I now have an iMac with 16 G of RAM, and it screams through those programs. MARR is fine. It's your computer. Reboot, defragment your hard drive, max out your RAM, see if those things help.

• 2 weeks later...