Menu

TT Geometry-do you need the cds and the workbook?

Unless they have changed the format since 2009: Other than a couple of practice problems (maybe 4 per lecture),the problem sets are in the textbook and our meant to be worked on paper. The solutions cd's obviously have these problems along with the answers, but there is no way to just access the problems without the answers without the textbook.

With Geometry I believe you still need the textbook. TT recently redid their pre algebra and algebra on editions so you can get by just with the discs. We are currently using the new edition for Algebra and I love the way it has been redone. The disc shows the problem and the kids have two chances to enter the right answer. After two tries they are prompted to see how the problem is answered. I believe in Geometry you only use the discs when you want to see how to solve the problem. I hope they redo Geometry before we get to it next year!

or can you get by with the cds alone? What are the advantages of the workbook?

Thanks

BTW, my younger son uses TT 5 and we have never opened the workbook. He just works problems out on scratch paper.

EK did TT Geometry last year, and we used the solutions CD's almost every day. We got by almost entirely without them for Algebra 1--I think we used a CD to see the solution to a couple of the word problems, and that was it. But for Geometry, we frequently needed to see the solution to the proofs. The proofs are in the Answer Key book, but it REALLY helped to be able to see the diagrams, which are on the CD's but not in the Answer Key book.

ETA: I think I originally misunderstood the question, so in answer to whether you need the "workbook"--the textbook isn't a workbook (there's not nearly enough room in the book to work the problems right on the page--it's essential to the program. Your student would need the book and probably the CD's as well.

Edited by ereks mom